Created 4th June 2014
Why PR is important to property companies
Nelly Berova is the owner and director of a Digital Marketing Agency, Art Division and has over 13 years’ experience in working with SMEs on promoting their businesses online, including research, planning and implementation of online marketing campaigns and web design and development. In this guest blog for The Oxygen Agency, she explores PR as a valuable resource for property companies.
Applying a strategic PR plan is a complicated process; it involves a number of marketing techniques which are designed to meet the needs and requirements of customers.
One of the first steps to understanding the significance of PR is to identify what is involved. Something to bear in mind is that every PR strategy is custom-tailored to individual organisations, as any well implemented marketing plan should be.
PR can help clients in developing and executing efficient and realistic digital and web based publicity campaigns, these usually consist of:
• Web content and search engine optimisation (SEO)
• Integrating social media and networking into property marketing
• Digital and online PR strategies
• Web based advertising and marketing strategies
Below are a few advantages to PR and why it is crucial to property companies:
Cost Effective Brand Awareness
Building a PR plan is often described as the most cost effective method of creating brand awareness. It doesn’t cost a considerable amount of money to write and distribute a property related press release online, develop a social presence or attend networking groups. If you’re already doing these things perfectly, your services are automatically placed directly in front of the eyes of the correct people. As an estate agent, it’s about creating a relationship with the local community to help them spread the word about your organisation.
Developing credibility is the initial step in building an online community for your brand. Using PR as a marketing tool allows you to increase authority for your business. This is because PR presents people with information from a third party. It is most likely we are to trust positive coverage about property companies that we read in magazines, newspapers, or on an online press release.
On the whole, creating and developing a thriving PR strategy is essential in taking estate agents to the next level. To recap, it provides the following advantages:
• It provides a vital role in property companies promoting their businesses to their customers.
• It allows you to quickly act in response to opportunities within publicity.
• It can improve the overall representation of a company within the community.
• When done correctly, it can often provide a greater result than advertising, whilst keeping costs down.
• If you ever experience bad press, having a solid PR tactic in place will reduce the crisis.