Job vacancy: PR Account Manager
Reporting to: Publicity Director; Managing Director
Salary: £26,000 to £32,000
Location: Tiverton, Devon
An opportunity exists for a dynamic go-getter PR to join a small but ambitious publicity team within the Tiverton office of a South West-based marketing communications agency.
The division is in an exciting phase, with a varied client portfolio and a management team committed to sustainable business growth. We’re seeking an individual with at least three years’ experience at a similar level within a PR agency.
This is very much a hands-on role requiring superb practical PR skills, excellent time management and meticulous attention to detail. Client account management forms a large part of this role. The successful applicant will understand how to effectively manage client expectations and will be focused on delivering to a high standard.
Key responsibilities include:
• securing strong media coverage for clients – writing and issuing press releases and articles; sourcing stories; pitching ideas to journalists; media relations.
• copywriting a range of communication types.
• handling crisis communications.
• managing client accounts – keep clients informed; managing expectations; delivering to a high standard.
• managing time and budget allocated to accounts; keeping accurate activity records using the agency’s CRM system.
• managing the agency’s own PR activity.
• contributing to business development – attending meetings with prospective clients; formulating and presenting proposals and quotes in response to new business enquiries and tenders; following-up leads; assisting with development of marketing campaigns.
To apply send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
For an informal conversation about the role call Katie Sanders on 07766 797545. Closing date for applications 28 February 2014.